Unison’s Privacy Statement set out below covers how Unison deals with your personal information. Please read our Privacy Statement. In summary, our Privacy Statement lets you know that:
- Unison may collect personal information from you when you use this website or Unison’s services. Unison won’t use or disclose your personal information except for purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or as allowed by the Privacy Act.
- Unison may use your information to provide you with relevant information, allow others to provide you with information, and to communicate with you.
- Unison may store your personal information, and will take steps to protect that information.
- Unison is not responsible for the conduct of third party websites to which this website is linked.
- You may email our privacy officer should you wish to access or correct personal information we hold about you.
- Unison may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. You should regularly check this Privacy Statement for changes.
In this Privacy Statement, the terms ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’ refer to Unison Networks Limited or, where the context permits, each member of the Unison Group (listed at http://www.unison.co.nz/tell-me-about/unison-group). We respect the privacy of the users of www.unison.co.nz (our ‘website’) and our services.
This Privacy Statement explains how we may collect, store, use, and disclose personal information that you provide to us. By using this website or our services you acknowledge that we may collect, store, use, and disclose your personal information in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement.
2) Collection of personal information
We may collect personal information from you (including your name, email address, phone number, credit card details, car registration, and postal address) when you use this website or our services. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
3) Use of personal information
We collect your personal information for the following purposes, and may use your personal information to:
- provide you with products and services and information on products and services;
- enable third parties to provide you with information on products and services;
- provide you with information (including promotional material and news) where you agree to receive such information;
- improve or update this website and our information and services;
- communicate with you;
- analyse usage of this website;
- personalise this website to your preferences; and
- as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1993.
4) Disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be made available internally within the Unison Group and to third parties such as our agents, credit checking, or debt collection agencies, and website usage analysis agencies, for the above purposes. We will only disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you:
- for the above-mentioned purposes; or
- if you have authorised us to do so; or
- if we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure; or
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions; or
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- if we are otherwise required or permitted by law to disclose such information.
5) Storage and security
Personal information we collect is collected and stored by Unison Networks Limited and other members of the Unison Group. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that is held by us from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Where we disclose any personal information to Google for the purposes of analysing website usage, such information is stored by Google in accordance with Google’s privacy statement available at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy/.
6) Collection of other information on this website
When you visit this website, we may use automated tools and methods (such as cookies, sessions, and usage monitoring software) to collect certain information about your visit, including:
- the internet protocol address and domain name used by your computer to connect to the Internet;
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine or inbound hyperlink used to reach this website;
- the date, time, and duration of your visit; and
- the pages viewed by you.
This information will be used in aggregate form to analyse how this website is being used (for example to analyse usage patterns in order to improve this website). Except as set out in this Privacy Statement, we will not disclose any such information except in aggregate form.
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about abnormal website usage patterns or website security breaches.
7) Third party websites
This website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When you visit third party websites from hyperlinks displayed on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide may be collected, stored, used and disclosed.
8) Right to access and correct
You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information we hold about you by emailing our privacy officer at:
To ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to such information as soon as possible.
9) Changes to our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to alter this Privacy Statement at any time. Changes to this Privacy Statement will take effect immediately once they are published on this website. Please check this Privacy Statement regularly for modifications and updates. If you continue to use this website or our services, or if you provide any personal information after we post changes to this Privacy Statement, this will indicate your acknowledgement of our then-current Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 26 August 2016.