Keeping your lights and internet on: Unison’s ongoing response during the global COVID-19 pandemic
As an essential infrastructure provider for our customers and communities, Unison is focused on ensuring both the power and fibre networks are operational at all times as part of its response to COVID-19.
We continue to closely monitor the situation and are focused on ensuring the wellbeing of our customers, and our people who play a critical role in keeping the power on.
What we are doing during Alert Level 2
Unison’s Pandemic Epidemic Management Plan guides how we operate during Covid-19 and is closely aligned to the Government and Ministry of Health pandemic strategy.
At Level 2:
- All our offices in Hastings, Taupo, Rotorua and Dunedin are open to visitors with contact tracing in place.
- We are available to our customers 24 hours a day on 0800 2 UNISON (0800 2 86476) or 0800 2 FIBRE (0800 2 34273).
- Our people who can work from home are currently doing so.
- For our business-critical functions that can’t work from home, such as our control room and field staff, we have added additional precautionary measures including restricted access into the control room and ensuring field-staff keep a two-metre distance during all site visits.
- Additional hygiene precautions continue across all our workplaces, including offices, vehicles and equipment and we have contact tracing in place for everyone at all times.
- Any of our people who feel unwell are required to stay at home (if they are not already working from there).
- Unison’s Alternative Operations Centre (AOC) in Havelock North is readily available if we need to segregate teams or run our network from this site.
- Securing our operations and supply chain requirements continues by working closely with our service providers and partners to understand their pandemic response and ensure they can continue to service us.
- We are watching developments closely and our Pandemic Response Team meet daily to work through emerging scenarios.
Our approach needs to be dynamic, given the uncertainty of COVID-19, to ensure continuity of supply, to keep our people well and help prevent to the spread of COVID-19 in New Zealand.
Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation.
For the latest COVID-19 information & updates click here