0800 2 UNISON

0800 2 86476

Greatest Supporter

I need to

Get Power

to my property

Our current timeframe from receiving a request to carrying out the work is up to 6 weeks for a simple connection and up to 20 weeks for a complex connection. For major projects we encourage you to engage with Unison as early as possible in the process.

Get Power to my Property

We are responsible for electricity connections in Hawke's Bay, Rotorua and Taupo.

Our New Connection process offers a range of electrical connection services, including:

  • Establishing electricity connections to new properties.
  • Planning and delivering electrical reticulation and connection for subdivisions and commercial developments.
  • Establishing Builder’s Temporary Supply (BTS).

To request an electrical connection you will need to engage an electrician and complete our online new connection NC1 form.

Estimate to connect

If you require an estimate for Unison to provide electrical reticulation and connections for your development or need Unison to underground or relocate existing network infrastructure, please fill out the 'Get an estimate to connect' form at the link below.

Important information for electricians and developers

Pass the NC1 form on to your electrician to complete. Your electrician will then lodge the form with the energy retailer you have nominated. Your energy retailer will then note your request and lodge it with Unison.

Get Power to my Subdivision

If your subdivision is located near UnisonFibre's network, we can install fibre with your electricity infrastructure, saving you money and ensuring your development is connected to the network of the future.