Our vision, ‘to lead a sustainable energy future', is more than just words on paper; it is something we strive for each day. It unifies our team as one.
Our devotion to enabling communities to prosper by delivering customers' energy needs through a dynamic, flexible and sustainable electricity system, is brought to life by our five core values, which we hold in high esteem. They are the heart and soul of the business and guide us in our daily interactions with each other, our consumers and the community at large.
Safety & Wellbeing
We care for the safety and wellbeing of our people, families and communities.
- We take personal responsibility for our own safety and the safety of our team mates, and understand anything we do or don’t do may impact the safety of others.
- We make every effort to know and understand our health and safety policies, procedures and rules, and actively keep up-to-date with changes.
- We actively promote safety awareness and encourage others to make safety a priority.
- We take care of personal wellbeing and maintain a healthy work-life balance. We show care and understanding towards others, and offer support where needed.
We take pride in what we do, and always look for opportunities to be the best.
- We find innovative ways to make our company better.
- We are committed to continuous improvement. We proactively take time to reflect and ask, could we have done even better?
- We lead by example, and have pride and passion for what we do.
- We take time to encourage and support others to achieve their best, and celebrate their success.
- We have the courage to ask questions, challenge assumptions, and suggest better approaches.
We create great customer experiences by understanding and meeting our customers’ needs.
- We take the time to understand our customers’ needs, always looking for the best solutions to meet their expectations.
- We are willing to “go the extra mile” to deliver better outcomes for our customers, both external and internal to Unison.
- We take ownership and pride in delivering on our promises, and in creating a great customer experience.
- We set realistic expectations, and keep our customers informed along the way.
We are committed to keeping costs down for our customers, through the careful use of resources.
We do we what say, earning respect by being honest, fair and doing the right thing.
- We actively listen and respect others’ points of view.
- We communicate openly and honestly, with care and consideration.
- We do what we say and our actions match our words.
- We have the courage to do the right thing and question actions inconsistent with our values.
- We are trustworthy and treat each other with courtesy, respect and professionalism.
- We take personal responsibility when things don’t go according to plan and learn from them.
- We follow through on personal and team commitments and take accountability for decisions made and actions taken.
We work together as “one team”.
- We demonstrate a positive can-do attitude at work.
- We have fun, socialise and celebrate success together.
- We share our knowledge and experience, seek input from others, and accept and give feedback constructively.
- We consider the impact of our decisions and actions on the wider Unison team.
- We take the opportunity to get to know and interact with people across the business.
- We make time to talk face-to-face where possible.