Safety for kids
Be a Hero - Safety for Kids
We use electricity almost every minute of the day. It lets us turn things on - like the lights, TV’s, fridges and ovens.
BUT, electricity can also be very powerful and very dangerous – it can travel through people and give them a shock!
SOME IMPORTANT SAFETY MESSAGES TO REMEMBER
- Stay away from power boxes, substations and electrical worksites
- Never jump, sit, kick or poke anything inside a power box
- Don’t throw things into power lines. If you see shoes on the power lines, do not try to get them down!
- Flying a kite into power lines can give you a shock! Make sure you always look up and check for power lines before flying a kite
- Stay away from power lines that have fallen on the ground. You can still get a shock!
- Trees growing into power lines can give you a shock. Make sure you always look up and check for power lines before climbing a tree
Safe Sparks Programme
We offer an award-winning safety education programme for schools in our areas, completely free of charge.
Safe Sparks delivers important and serious electrical safety messages, which we believe to be lifesaving for the children in our community.