‘Unison’ means all companies in the Unison Group including but not limited to Unison Networks Limited, Unison Fibre Limited and Unison Contracting Services Limited and all brands and operating companies controlled by or associated with those entities.
‘Ineligible Participants’ are:
- all Unison employees and their Immediate Families;
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- those living outside Unison’s coverage areas (the Napier, Hastings, Rotorua and Taupo areas).
1. These Promotion or Competition Terms and Conditions (‘the Terms and Conditions’) apply to all Unison Promotions or Competitions (collectively ‘the Competition’). The Terms and Conditions may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Competition has specific rules or terms and conditions, those specific rules or terms and conditions will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Terms and Conditions.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the abovementioned specific rules or terms and conditions, registration, entry, or vote is limited to one per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Competition is deemed to be acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Competition.
5. Ineligible Participants may not enter in the Competition.
6. Unison reserves the right to decide (in its sole discretion) to exclude any person from participating in the Competition on reasonable grounds.
7. Unison reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Unison decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Terms and Conditions, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won using fraudulent means.
8. By participating, entrants grant Unison exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Competition and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claim or right to royalties and/or remuneration for such use.
9. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Competition’s completion.
Winning the Prize
10. Only the person who originally entered the Competition can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
11. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in either the specific rules or terms and conditions of the competition, or the Terms and Conditions – if not specified then as determined by Unison (in its sole discretion), who shall for this purpose be deemed (“the Judge”).
12. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Winner will be notified by email or phone (voice or text) and must be available for and attend all publicity activities that may be required by Unison. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone or email after three attempts) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification to the Winner, the prize is not collected within two months of being contacted it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: three attempts to contact will include individual calls or emails to any numbers or email addresses provided at the time of entry.)
14. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason, Unison may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
15. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
16. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Unison in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
17. Unison reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Competition at any stage, for any reason (at its sole discretion).
18. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Unison will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Competition entry or winning the Competition prize.
19. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.